Safety Precautions Taken during this trip
Your child will be treated with the utmost care on this journey. This is a unique workshop and one that helps you experience the wild side of India directly. As a result, safety is top priority on this journey.
The three organisations involved in this workshop are reputed in their own fields as experts and are well equipped to organise this experience for your child. The Turtle Survival Alliance is a pioneer in rehabilitation and conservation of turtles. It is under their instruction and supervision that all interactions with wildlife will take place. IndeBo, with over 35 years of experience in organising travel for individuals and groups is a known and referred Travel Company. It is accredited by the Ministry of Tourism and a member of the Indian Association of Tour Operators. Chambal Safari Lodge has been pioneering conservation in the National Chambal Sanctuary Project for over 15 years now and their naturalists are some of the best co-ordinators. It is with members of these organisations that your child will be travelling.
Some of the safety precautions that we will employ include:
– Air-Conditioned Transport to and from Chambal with seat belts
– Transport in the Chambal Region in Mahindra Boleros with seat belts
– Adequate supply of safe bottled water for consumption
– Life jackets for every child when on the river
– Instruction and supervision by experienced researchers when in the sanctuary
– Accessibility to First Aid at all times
– Doctor-on-call at the lodge
– A high staff-to-student ratio of 1:5
– Security at the lodge
– Food and accommodation quality maintained at the highest standards