Jhunjhunu

The capital of Shekhawati is one of the largest towns of the district. The town was founded by the Kayamkhani Nawabs in the mid 15th century AD and remained under their control until it was taken over by the Rajput ruler Sarful Singh in 1730 AD. It has some splendidly painted havelis. The havelis of Narsingh Das Tibriwal, Ishwar Das-Mohan Das Modi and the Khaitans are worth a visit.