Starting from $3970
The country- India or as we say “Bharat” is mind stirring with varied elements of heterogeneity. From age long traditions to authentic customs, this land is a historical paradise from every corner one looks at. With a multitude of indifferent places in its storehouse, stories to tell and share here are endless. This is a country with limitless possibilities of exploration from anywhere one starts with and every place is bound to spellbind one like a charmer. What adds to the miracle is the diversified creed of humanity which simply changes as one shifts region. In a whole, it is a land of manifold discovery, unique experiences & multifarious stories.
The plains of Northern India celebrates vivid cultures, interesting histories of the colonial era and kingdoms of the Raj, delectable recipes formed by some careful selection of spices & condiments and festivals which are an integral ingredient of our lives.
So, come let us walk through some of those mythical, magical and mystical places which are shrouded with the glory of the erstwhile saga.
Your journey would start in the capital city Delhi - where you can travel through the layers of time and history. Travel on from Delhi to the Mughal city of Agra. The magical allure of the Taj Mahal and the fascinating tomb from the Mughal empire will be the impressive highlights. From Agra you will drive to Jaipur - an enthralling city with colourful market places brimming with people and different shades of pink. Spend few days in the walled city before you drive onto Jawai for a wildlife experience amidst granite edifices, Rabari tribesmen and most significantly the leopards. The trip ends on a romantic stroke with a visit to the city of Udaipur - the purple ochre Aravalli ridges, shimmering waters of lake palace, an erstwhile palace complex lined across the banks are the highlights.
Day 1: Arrive in Delhi (Sat 16 Dec '17)
- Arrive in Delhi airport by your international flight, you will be met by a representative at the airport and transferred to your hotel by a chauffeur driven private car.
- After check in there will be a briefing session about the tour.
- Rest of the evening is at leisure after the long flight.
Day 2: While in Delhi (Sun 17 Dec '17)
- Early morning proceed for a cycling tour at dawn to see how the city wakes up. You will cycle through the narrow lanes of Old Delhi, visiting Jama masjid, Fatehpuri Masjid, cross the spice market, Chandni Chowk, Chawri Bazaar.
- After the cycling tour return back to the hotel and freshen up.
- Afternoon visit parts of Lutyens Delhi covering Humayun’s Tomb and Qutub Minar.
Day 3: The Iconic Wonder - Taj Mahal (Mon 18 Dec '17)
- After breakfast, you will drive to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal – the world’s most wondrous monument.
- Upon arrival in the afternoon, take a guided visit to the Mughal Agra Fort.
- In the evening proceed for a walking food tour to experience the different Mughlai cuisine.
Day 4: On Your Way to Jaipur (Tue 19 Dec '17)
- This morning wake up early to visit the iconic Taj Mahal with the rising sun.
- Return to the hotel for breakfast.
- After breakfast, drive to Jaipur enroute stopping at a heritage hotel for lunch.
- Also meet and interact with the local kids, play village cricket, fly kites and visit a school to understand the education system in India.
- Continue drive to Jaipur, after the visits. Arrive in the evening and check in at the hotel.
Day 5: The Royal Rajputs (Wed 20 Dec '17)
- Morning proceed for a guided visit of the city covering the royal City Palace & Jantar Mantar (an observatory).
- Later drive to Amber Fort, ride a jeep to ascend the hill on which the fort is located.
- In the evening, spend time with elephants at a camp on the outskirts of the city where you would take an safari on elephant back - followed by a dinner at an open venue around the scrub desert of the Aravalis.
Day 6: The Religious Mile on the Way to Jawai (Thu 21 Dec '17)
- Today, you will leave for Jawai for a jungle experience.
- On your way, stop and immerse yourself in the sanctity of Pushkar.
- Visit the one and only Brahma temple, interact in a small religious talk with the priest of the temple, touch the holy waters of the Pushkar lake followed by a brisk walk on the alley which hosts “four religions in one mile”.
- Have lunch with a local family before you continue drive to Jawai.
- Arrive in the late afternoon and check in at the luxurious tent.
- Evening has been kept free to relax and explore the surrounding on your own.
Day 7: Into the Wilderness of Jawai (Fri 22 Dec '17)
- Early morning proceed for a shared game drive amidst the hills of Jawai, to spot jungle cats - Leopards.
- In this exploration, you would also come across the local tribesmen of the region- Rabaris. They can be conveniently spotted by the stark red-maroon turbans.
- Return to the hotel for breakfast.
- Afternoon: proceed for another shared safari to spot Leopards in the granite hills of Jawai.
Day 8: Udaipur Delight (Sat 23 Dec '17)
- Today, you will drive to Udaipur, a short drive of two hours.
- Enroute stop at the ancient temples of Ranakpur, which dates back to the sixteenth century.
- Arrive Udaipur in the afternoon and check in at the luxurious lake Palace hotel.
- Evening you will proceed to the Jag Mandir island which is lit up in the centre of the lake for a special farewell dinner.
Day 9: Depart Delhi (Sun 24 Dec '17)
- Wake up in one of the most romantic cities of India, where you will visit the fairy tale palaces, shimmering lakes. Take a guided visit to Jagdish temple and the city palace.
- Later in the afternoon you will board a flight to Delhi to connect your international flight back home.
- If required we can also arrange an airport hotel in Delhi for freshen up before the international flight.
- Meeting and assistance upon arrival and departure by an INDEBO representative.
- Accommodation in the hotels mentioned, or similar, for (8) nights.
- Breakfast is included throughout the trip.
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) during your stay in Jawai.
- Cycling tour in Delhi.
- Food walk in Agra.
- Village cricket, visit to a school, kite flying, and lunch enroute Jaipur.
- Elephant safari followed by dinner at Dera Amber in Jaipur.
- Walk in Pushkar followed by a lunch with a local family.
- Two Shared Jeep safari in Jawai.
- Dinner at Jagmandir island in Udaipur.
- Services of locally appointed English speaking guide throughout the trip.
- One time entrance fee to the monuments listed in the itinerary.
- All your transportation is by an air conditioned vehicle throughout the trip.
- Our pricing is based on presently applicable Government taxes, which, however - is subject to change.
- Our pricing includes our professional and service charges for preparation and operation of the tour program.
- Tipping and gratuity.
- Items of a personal nature.
- International travel, Visa for India and appropriate Travel insurance.